Mustard Skirt: H&M - Similar Here - $28 // Brown Booties: Forever 21 - Similar Here - $35 //
Top: AEO - Similar Here - $40 // Leopard Belt - Similar Here - $15
OMG. I did it. Honestly guys, I doubted that this day would ever come - but it has. I did it, 60 30 days, 30 outfits. It's over now and I can re-open my beloved closet. I missed you, oh so much. BRB. Gonna go burn about 30 pieces of my wardrobe. See you tomorrow for the great big RECAP post!
White T-shirt: GAP - Similar Here - $29 // Black Boots: H&M - Same Here - $50 // Necklace: eBay
Black Pants: LC by Lauren Conrad - Similar Here - $46 // Blazer: GAP - Similar Here -$25
Friends, one more freaking day.
I'll be around, but laying low for a few days. Got into a car accident last night on the highway and dealing with the aftermath of getting rear-ended. Twice. I'm doing okay, but if you see me post lots of unhealthy snacks on Instagram - you know why. #comfortfood
Polka Dot Sweater: Forever 21 - Similar Here - $43 // Mustard Skirt: H&M - Similar Here - $28 //
Heels: JLO for Kohls - Same Here - $30 // Necklace - eBay // Belt: Fiore - Similar Here - $32
I went for my longest/furthest run yesterday and am very proud of myself. As a dancer, running is something that I have never able to do. My stamina and endurance is just not there (although I can dance for 3 hours straight) The last time I ran was freshman year of high school in P.E., so attempting to run without being forced was certainly a reality check of adulthood. Regardless, i've been working towards increasing my distance and decreasing my time. Here are a few things i've learned:
Run outside - It's so much easier then being on a treadmill. If you are anything like me then you will likely get bored and that makes running that much harder, especially when starting out.
Start Small- When you start any workout regime it's important to know your limits. Walk/Run and it's okay if you walk more than you run. As you progress, you will start to see a shift. Give it time.
Get An App - It's so great to be able to track your progress. I use 2 apps simultaneously (there is a reason I promise) Nike Run - which syncs with my Fuelband and 5K Runner
Use 5k Runner - After an initial week of running, start using a 5k training app. I use 5k Runner but there are plenty of options. This app's program progresses with you and gives guidance on when to speed up and run or slow down and walk. I've in my second week of the program and highly recommend it.
Commit- There are 7 days in the week, commit to going for a run for 3 of them. Start with 20 minutes and work your way up. You could watch half a tv show or go for a run in 20 minutes, which is a better use of your time?
This weather is ideal for learning to run. As the days get longer, the evening will be the best time for you to get outdoors. You will want to start building habits now that can carry you into warmer months.
Do you have any suggestions for someone who is starting to run? I'd love your advice!
So, I could come up with a list of 20 things that every lady should keep in her purse, but let's be honest - sometimes there just isn't that much room. Instead, I put together my top 4 that I won't leave the house without.
1. A pen of your choice. Seems so silly, but it's sad that when we do need to write things down, no one seems to be able to find a pen. Be the one who does, just do it.
2. Your favorite lipstick. Mine is Cherish by MAC (one of the few MAC lipsticks that I own, but I would not trade it for anything) My go-to is a nude color, pick yours and keep it on you.
3. Hand Sanitizer. The world is a dirty place. That door you just opened, the keyboard you just touched, all of those places are infested with gems. Just be sure to sanitize before you eat.
4. Something that smells good. A mint or gum should do the trick. I really like the 5 brand, but you pick whichever suits you.
I solemnly swear, that I will not wear this striped skirt or chambray shirt again. As i'm getting into the last 3 days of my 30x30 i'm actually starting to feel... (dare I say it?) nostalgic. It's graduation goggles, I know it. I'm trying to get these last few pairings that i've been planning in to end with a bang.
Did you guys watch the Oscars? I had to be somewhere around 7-10, so I taped it and avoided all social media in the intrem. Worked out pretty well, that is until CNN & Washington Post started e-mailing me the winners. Regardless I enjoyed the show and here were my top 5 thoughts:
1) Ellen is HILARIOUS. She is my favorite (daytime) talk show by far. She rocked the stage last night, and I died laughing at the pizza debacle.
2) How stunning was Lupita Nyong'o? I can't tell you how much I wanted her to win. Not only did that dress look incredible on her, but she is so poetic. I was thoroughly impressed.
3) Kicking off the show with Pharell was the best. idea. ever. Someone deserves a raise, whoever made that call. Go you!
4) Jared Leno's speech. Of course stars will thank their agents, directors, and movie teams -- but it is so touching when someone dedicates their entire speech to their family. I was so moved by Jared Leno's speech dedicated to his single mother.
5) Kerry Washington asking for two slices of pizza - Enough. Said.
What did you think about the awards? What was your favorite moment?
Chambray Shirt: GAP - Similar Here & Here - $30 // Sweater: J.Crew - Similar Here - $35 // Necklace: eBay
Black Pants: LC by Lauren Conrad - Similar Here - $46 // Shoes - c/o Fresh Lily's - Same Here - $30
I hope you all had a great week, and an even better one ahead. We are (hopefully) getting into the last few weeks of cold weather and I am in the last few days of this Remix Challenge. I can't tell you guys how excited I am to be wearing different clothes. My wardrobe misses me... and I miss it too.